St. Michael’s Theatre is a community based Arts Centre serving the New Ross district and surrounding areas. The Arts Centre provides the following facilities:
– a 300 seat theatre
– 2 visual arts spaces
– a cinema
– a bistro
– a 50 seat studio venue
– a bar during evening performances
There are approximately 300 events each year, comprising everything from drama to film to ballet to rock concerts and much more. However, St Michael’s is more than just a venue, for example:
– we run a very successful Youth Arts Programme comprising of Ross Rock School and Reel New Ross. We started the first Rock School for teens outside of Dublin and young people learn how to make films here and then premiere them on our own screen.
– we are the only Arts Centre in the South East with a stage big enough to stage large ballet productions.
– we are the home to three amateur community based theatre companies:
– New Ross Musical Society
– New Ross Drama Workshop
– New Ross Pantomime Society
– we host Charity Coffee Mornings throughout the year.
– we have the only professionally run Community Art Gallery in the South East.
– the annual AIMS Choral Festival is held in the Theatre each year.
– we run a programme of art house foreign language films for young people in conjunction with the IFC.
– we also host special screenings of classics for those who can remember them the first time around, also in conjunction with the IFC.
– we host exhibitions for the Active Retired whose members are voluntary stewards in the Theatre.
And on top of all that we have a team of friendly, enthusiastic and dedicated staff who are the envy of the arts world. St Michael’s is the only arts centre to be awarded the Excellence Through People Award for Customer Care and Human Resource Management.
St Michael’s Theatre Centre for the Arts
New Ross, Co. Wexford
Telephone 051 421255, email@example.com
Theatre Director: Tomas Kavanagh
Administrator: Suzanne Sinnott
Booking Office Opening Hours
Mon – Fri 10am – 6pm, Sat 12pm – 4pm
All major credit cards are accepted.